Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Crazy shit my grandma says part 1

July 28th 2010


I get e-mails from my grandma. They're strange. Then I get CC'd for e-mails between my grandma and this time my aunt, and it makes me sit there and go "what in the great aunt jemimah's titties is this?" I did not add anything in here, this e-mail is as-is:

Titled: "God was in a good mood yesterday"

Carbon copied to... like.... everyone that I know in my family. My 13 year old cousin's on there as well.

"Hi Sweetie,

Yesterday I finally had my opportunity to see my urologist. I need to preface by explaining that I was quite anxious about why these familiar symptoms of interstitial cystitis were not calming down as easily as they had many other times. So after Mass on Sunday, a song from church was resonating in my head about how God loves us.

Finally after waiting an hour to see the good doctor he listened to my symptoms and at each one mentioned, he assured me that it was pretty classic for IC (interstitial cystitis). We made an appointment for an ultrasound, and later a cystoscopy (where they mildly sedate you and insert a probe to look around inside the bladder) as a diagnostic tool and sometimes a corrective tool as well. He will be stretching the bladder a bit to ease things for me.

On the way home I was much relieved that at last I had some reassurance and that we would be looking into matters. The new song that was then singing in my head was "Holy God we Praise Thy Name". You probably remember that. I get the impression that God has a DJ in heaven who specializes in giving me my heavenly messages in music form. Possibly this is because I get very uplifted when I am able to praise God in song. Anyway, I decided that God was pretty good at what he does and that he must have been in a really good mood yesterday to send me a special new song. Isn't that something? I think it is great. Don't know why or how this happens to me so often, but I am grateful. And I do think God was in a very good mood.

Love you,

Mom

Mom "


I wish God's DJ would spin me some phat beats. This e-mail is a golden insight to why I usually live 70 miles away, lmao. Hope you got some laughs outta it.

No comments:

Post a Comment