Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I made 3ds max my bitch today

(Originally posted Feb 3rd 2010)

I made 3Ds Max my bitch today. Thought you'd like to know. Thank god this brain picks shit up fast.

Though seriously, i have to say 3Ds Max has an amazing interface. I tried learning on Blender, and it had all the UI grace of...let's say, a pad of dirt. Fucking sucks. Wanna model something? TOUGH, FIGURE OUT THE CONTROLS, BITCHES. HERE, HAVE SOME RANDOM NUMBERS THAT DON'T AFFECT SHIT. <---- that's blender. While 3Ds max is like "Hay there! How are you? Have a good weekend? I've got panels galore! You wanna animate? It's at the bottom! I'll do the keyframes for you! Push this to make a camera! Push that to make a fun and funky tube! M is for maaagic! Love youuuuuuu"

Maybe that's the real different between free and... fudge... 3,500 dollar software? Idiot proof. For the second half of my internship today, i just had this look of wonderment. For some reason, always though the more expensive programs were harder to understand. I don't quite think that's the case. I haven't learned everything with 3Ds Max yet, and I plan on busting that software a new one on monday, but i'm already contemplating other shit to learn; My options are Maya, Modo, ... and something else. I gots 3 weeks and time to kill, what can I do with it? *evil hand wringing*

With my other time to kill, i managed to get...Baw, like... 30+ panels out on the train instead of writing and sewed a neck yesterday on my plush commission that I plan on finishing tonight. I may post a bit of that first project, just to torment y'all with. That, and to figure it out for myself. Hint, they're Caelum sky animatic chapter 1! *throws hands in the air*

Oh, i feel so behind in the art aspect, but i've been sketching and practicing like mad. Soon, soon I'll try and wow you all. I'll show ye! HERE HAVE MORE RANDOM NUMBERS THAT DON'T CONTROL SHIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment